vendredi 25 février 2011

SICK GIRL;biography

Yesterday, i found myself at the Oshawa Public Library searching for a great biography to get started on this long project.  After a long search in the many rows, i decided myself on one book in particular. It is called Sick Girl.  It talks about a woman named Amy Silverstein.  At a young age of 24, she was diagnosed with what they thought was a heart failure.  After a heart transplant surgery, she was on her recovery when they realized it was a misdiagnosis.  This woman is now about 20 years older than when she was diagnosed.  I've only read the first chapter and i can't wait to finish this nearly 300 pages book.
 

6 commentaires:

  1. Oh my gosh,
    This book seems so interesting and touching. I've never heard of a case like this, and I absolutely would love to know more about Amy through your reading. Enjoy! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Wow sounds like quite a powerful story! I can't wait to learn more!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. The book seems super interesting !!!! I bet she has to go through many struggles that I can't possibly imagine going through!!!! I can't wait to learn more about her and how she overcomes all of her obstacles!!! Have fun with your reading!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. This seems very touching ! I agree with Cass i've never hurd about a case like that... I'm very anxious to learn about Amy and the case... thx you for sharing your book with us!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. That is crazy that she got a heart transplant then it turns out to be a misdiagnosis. I feel bad for Amy silverstein for having to go through all that trouble to later find out that they misread the results. Thats insane.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Thanks guys! It is indeed a powerful story and I surely recommend it to all.

    RépondreSupprimer